As the hard disk life span gets shorter, the usage capacity also increases, hence the threat of hard disk failure. However, if you can just constantly monitor your hard disk performance and health status, then you can always ensure that your stored data does not get damaged or lost in the event of any hard disk failures.
I’ve just found a perfect kit for such constant monitoring of the performance of your hard disk, CrystalDiskInfo.
CrystalDiskInfo is a free hard disk monitoring tool where you do not even need to install any software.
Here are the salient features of CrystalDiskInfo:
- Monitors hard disk status and finds possible hard disk problems and failures.
- Monitors disk temperature and SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) values.
- Detects various indicators of reliability like RER (read error rate), spin time, start/stop count, relocated sectors count, seek error rate, power-on hours, recalibration retries, spin retry count, power-off retract count, device power cycle count, load/unload cycle count, etc.
- Ultimately ensures that your data is safe from sudden hard disk failure.
- And best of all, 100% free to use utility!
Click here to download CrystalDiskInfo 1.0.18.